Thursday, March 29, 2018

Movin On Up

It feels like the theme prepping for baby #2 has been all about upgrading Wyatt from a baby to a big boy. The biggest change being his room - going from the nursery to a big boy room.

Wyatt absolutely loved his crib and I was in no hurry to move him out of it. I mean, we're talking a comforting place where he's contained and I can take a nap or get things done around the house without having to worry about him. Why would I want to lose that?!

But alas he was starting to physically outgrow it and we would need the crib for the new baby. So I scored a solid wood twin bed from my favorite local thrift store and gave it a paint makeover to start the transformation to a big boy room. Next step was to transition all of the toys from the playroom (which was being turned into the new nursery) into Wyatt's room. Last step was the biggest project - moving all of his clothes from the dresser to his closet.

When we built our house a couple of years ago we opted for the cheaper option of a single wire shelf in the bedroom closets (aside from the master) rather than paying to have custom shelving put in. Well, now it was time to pay up because, let's be honest, that single wire shelf is not super functional.


Thanks to Ana White (my favorite DIYer pretty much ever), we were able to build a completely custom and adjustable shelving unit for Wyatt's closet for about $100. The process took WAY longer than it should have because one of us is super pregnant and the other works 6 days a week.


I'll be honest. It isn't totally perfect. But you can't tell unless you get out a measuring tape and level ;). I have a problem remembering numbers correctly and we remeasured and recut pieces a few times thanks to my math skills. Also, it's been painted twice because the first time my pregnancy brain was working full blast and I grabbed a can of gray paint instead of white (and can I just add that painting tight spaces while 7 months pregnant is no easy task!). But overall I think this may be my favorite project we have done to date. Organized and functional! What is not to love?


You can find the step by step plan's we used HERE from Ana White.


Now Wyatt's room is full on big boy functional and the nursery is almost ready for baby #2.

Blessings,
the Crunchy Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment