Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Good Morning Smoothie

Breakfast has never been my favorite meal (unless I'm eating it for supper, can I get an "amen"?). In fact, for many years growing up I would skip it completely. But nowadays, trying to grow a baby human and all, I realize how important the first meal of the day really is.

That being said, some days I still just don't want to eat when I get up in the morning - especially on days when morning sickness strikes. Solution? Smoothie time! I like to think of this as my liquid strawberry oatmeal (and no, I'm not a fan of oatmeal regularly). Sound gross weird? It isn't. It's delicious!

Plus making a smoothie gives me an excuse to use my new best friend: my Blendtec. Before Christmas I had been patiently waiting for six months to get my hands on this bad boy. And let me tell you, it was so worth the wait. I could seriously write an entire post just on my Blendtec, but for now, on to the smoothie...


Good Morning Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 cup almond milk
1 tsp sugar or honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 large banana
12 frozen strawberries
1 Tbs peanut butter (optional - gives you a thicker/creamier texture)

Directions:

Place ingredients in order listed into your blender. Blend on high for 1 minute.





While this makes a great breakfast, I also like it in the middle of the day for a refreshing snack.

Now go grab some strawberries and bananas and get your smoothie on!






No comments:

Post a Comment