Thursday, September 4, 2014

DIY Shaving Oil

So if you've read my post on the oil cleansing method then you know that these days I am kind of obsessed with oil. Essential oil, almond oil, coconut oil . . .

Shaving oil seemed like a no brainer. I tried shaving with straight oil and wasn't crazy about it. Bummer.

But no fear, after doing a little natural blog hopping and experimenting, I whipped up a batch of shaving oil. Success.

What it takes:
1/3 cup shea butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup almond oil
5 drops peppermint essential oil

How to make it:
Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
Pour melted butter/oil into a bowl and stir in almond oil and peppermint.
Place in fridge and let set until solid - an hour or two.
Once solid, remove from fridge and whip using an electric mixer until you get a light and fluffy consistency.
Spoon into a jar and it's ready to use.


A little goes a long way plus this shaving oil is super moisturizing so no need to use lotion post shave! It is also thicker than your traditional shaving cream, so you may find yourself rinsing off your razor more frequently. And make sure your razor is cleaned completely post shave to avoid dulling the blade.

The peppermint essential oil makes this shaving oil feel extra clean and fresh. But you could always substitute for your favorite essential oil.


I have loved using this shaving oil for the past month. Like I said, I'm a little obsessed with oil.

Give it a try, let me know what you think!





No comments:

Post a Comment